While incorporating anger management interventions, clients are taught to identify anger triggers within their relationship and effective methods of managing anger. This program entails attending twelve (12) 1-hour individual psychological sessions and can be completed within 1-2 months. A Report of Completion will be issued upon completion of the program.
The topics are as follows:
- Assessment: narrative, context of precipitating events
- Counselling goals: Creating healthy relationships
- Multi-Causal Model of Domestic Violence: individual, partner, societal factors
- Anger awareness (internal cues: psychological and physiological changes)
- Power and control issues in relationships
- Anger interventions and applications e.g. non-retaliation in confrontations, defusing anger in interpersonal interactions, mindfulness in everyday life, letting go
- Effective communication in the partner
- Stress management in relationships
- The healthy partner relationship: core characteristics
- Forgiveness and the partner relationships
- Effective communication versus shaming and blaming
- How to deal with an angry/emotional person/partner
- Review of the above topics
Please contact us for more information about this program.